Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Ron Paul -Republican Nominee

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Ron Paul -Republican Nominee

    Is it just me, or does this guy get hated on by a few in the media? Though he is one of the only Republican nominees that actually seem smart, actually has some ideas and believe in what he says. I will admit some of his ideas seem out there, though maybe thats because its hard to fully understand them since he seems to get interrupted by some moron interviewing him almost every time I see him on TV. Hes definitely a different breed of Republican. Though hes honest, and you can tell he has LOTS of knowledge. He has quite an internet following starting.

    The way he wants things to change reminds me of another nominee from years back Robert F. Kennedy(maybe not an elegant as speaker as RFK). Recently when asked he is was afraid to run because usually when nominees or even presidents want some sort of radical change (John F. Kennedy said he would break the CIA into a 1000 pieces) then they get assassinated. He said he was "ready to die" if it meant getting his ideas out there.

    Now I'm not saying I want to vote for him, though im interested in hearing what he has to say. Thats more than some of other candidates that just seem like carbon copies of each other. At least he gets your attention and keeps you watching.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ron Paul -Republican Nominee

    Although Im not a Republican, per se, but I do agree with you. I actually like the guy.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ron Paul -Republican Nominee

    Ron Paul is a great American.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ron Paul -Republican Nominee

    I agree, and you posted a very insightful article on the Ron Paul media smear campaign on the political forum. Mods, can I get access to reply to posts on that forum? It doesn't seem like I have access for that as of now.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ron Paul -Republican Nominee

    BTW, if Paul doesn't win the Republican nomination, Id like to see him pair up with whoever does on either party. We need a guy like this in the White House.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •